Tuesday 13 April 2010

I want a maxi





I've NEVER worn a maxi dress before, never been interested. To long, feel like an 'older' lady in one, make me look pregnant, never know what shoes to wear, see other people looking rubbish in them a LOT in summer.
Anyway something's changed. Hopefully it's not just me getting older... I'm actually totally 'getting' the look and really want one. I know exactly what I want from seeing years of other people's errors.
  • I want it to pretty much touch the floor, I almost want the ends to get a bit ruined, adds to the whole look.
  • I want one that's printed. I like the plain colours but they show up lumps/bumps/vpl's etc.
  • I want a low-ish neck. More fitted at the top. Going out a bit more at the bottom.
  • I hate it when they go see-through at the legs. They're for holidays/beaches and look cheap worn as London daytime...
  • I want to wear it with a cool little jacket - blazer or leather, bit scuffed up. And flats of some sort. For some reason heels with a maxi slightly offends me. And I don't think I look cool enough to wear with sneakers though this may change.
  • And lastly, I LOVE the stripy jersey fitted ones. If I was a size 8. I'm not, so I won't go there...
These are some of my faves, also worth a note - Miss Selfridge have some very lovely bandeau style hippy dippy ones going instore for S/S10 to. And they're cheaper:
Blue floral print, £880, Erdem @ net-a-porter (IN MY DREAMS)
Beaded multi-colour ethnic print jersey dress, £203 @ net-a-porter (MIGHT ACTUALLY BUY)
Multi floral print dress, £74, Seafolly @ ASOS (SO cute and the models probably REALLY tall so will be floorlength on most people, woohoo)
Yellow printed silk dress, £650, Gomez Gracia @ ASOS (GORGEOUS, MIGHT GET IT FOR A SUMMER WEDDING ACTUALLY...)

No comments:

Post a Comment