The amazing Mawi necklace I featured in Stylist magazine as Most Desired a couple of weeks ago. LOVE THIS.
Friday, 8 June 2012
Thursday, 3 May 2012
Most of the H&M designer collaborations have impressed me but none have excited me as much as this: The fashion legend that is Anna Della Russo has collaborated with H&M to create a special over-the-top accessories collection!
“I am excited by this collaboration: this is the first time H&M have involved a Fashion Director in a special project. This is the sign of an important evolution in fashion, and I am both thrilled and humbled to be the one chosen to lead it. I wanted to create precious accessories that are impossible to find. As a stylist I know accessorization is essential: it is the personal touch to any outfit. With these pieces everybody can have fun, turning an ordinary day into a fantastic fashion day.”
I love Anna's mental-ness! She wears whatever she wants and always looks like the most fabulous person that ever walked the earth. I went to a private talk with her a while ago and someone asked why she always looks a little bonkers/creative, she answered with 'why not? and said clothes are like therapy, happy, bright, fabulous clothes make you feel happy, bright and fabulous. I like that.
The collection will be glamorous, precious and playful, probably a little bit crazy in a good way, but most of all affordable. It's available from 4th October (fashion week time!) instores and online. Can't bloody wait!
Monday, 30 April 2012
Say hello to Oroblu!
The new luxury Italian hosiery brand with every form of sock/tight/stocking you could possibly need. I used some of their socks on a shoot at the weekend and I can confirm they are super high quality and look super cute with some platform heels and a little dress. It's nice to find a good sock!
It's always hard to talk about a hosiery brand during the spring/summer season when you're obsessed with everything beach or festival related but Oroblu have actually managed to create a really fresh collection which is perfect for this, lets face it, really hideous weather! They've gone down the pretty pastel, lace, sheer route - delicate, pretty fabrics which are light enough to wear when it eventually does get a little sunnier, which is why I had to tell you about it! So there. Done.
I love the purple pastel patterned sheer socks with a peeptoe heel. Cute.Ness.
Thursday, 19 April 2012
Friday, 10 February 2012
I'm not an avid fan of Valentines day. I love romance. I just don't like forced romance, whacked up restaurant/flowers prices and tacky non-heartfelt gifts.
However, I probably would like Valentines Day if I was given a Prada lux calf leather Valentines clutch, £695. Probably. Click to buy.
Thursday, 9 February 2012
Here's what should be on your S/S shopping list. I do love a list:
1. Something sporty... neoprene tops and dresses are good. ASOS have some AMAZING ones. For the designer look go to Stella McCartney and Alexander Wang.
LOVE these trainers £149 ASH at ASOS. Wear with a
bare leg and short skirt/dress or a sherbet ankle length trouser.
2. PASTELS. SHERBETS. ICE CREAM SHADES. CANDY
COLOURS. You get the point. Pretty Spring time colours - like the Marie Antionette film shades (which I love and are also colour theme for my wedding, yay).
3. Anything with a peplum. Cute tops like Mulberry's gold version (left) £375 at Net A Porter and knee length skirts with a little flick out at the knee as seen at YSL.
4. UNDER THE SEA. The Little Mermaid goes to Notting Hill. There was a luxe, shimmering, pearly, iridescent sheen to the catwalk for Spring lead by Chanel who featured the cutest seashell clutch bags. WANT.
5. A cropped top. *SCREAMS* Make it look sophisticated with a high waisted trouser/skirt. The high waist is the area of flesh to flash for S/S.
6. Print-tastic. Clashing or matching. Leopard, floral, graphic, paisley, polka dot, striped,paint. The print is back in all forms. Easiest way to wear is on a shirt but make a statement in a printed trouser like Stella McCartney's tropical silk trousers £665 at Net a Porter.
7. Floral, lace, applique, laser cut leather details in white and sherbets. PRETTY STUFF basically. Mainly on dresses, tops and skirts. There'a a definite girly, good enough to eat vibe going down. I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ it.
8. A fashion fairytale of good vs evil. The McQueen show was totally good witch vs bad witch with lace headdresses and everything. Plus there were the cutest fairytale capes with silk ribbon and little velvet mules at Miu Miu. Add to that the fact that loads of fairytales are being released big-time at the cinema later this year and you've got a full-blown trend.
9. NEW BAGS TO CARRY. Include the bucket bag. Ideally the Lanvin brown leather one £1060 at Browns Fashion. Also, the rucksack, anything with tassels, a ladylike number, bright colour blocking and personally I LOVE a day to night clutch type scenario.
Also, new to the floor is the miniature handbag. CUTE.
10. Pyjamas. Yes you read that right. But it's not your actual night pyjamas. This is a whole new breed of pyjama styling for daytime. Pyjama style silk blouses and jackets or wide leg floaty trousers. My advice would be to only wear one pyjama-stylee item at a time... and mix with sharper pieces or slightly grungey old-looking denim. You know you want to...
11. The era's we're looking to for inspiration are (ready for this). 50s 60s and 70s. Prommy style 50s body shapes but 60s little shifts and boxier style tailoring. Then we love a bit of a 70s boho element in FASHION. Also, 20s for flapper dresses. So that'd be pretty much any decade then yeah...
12. SHOES GLORIOUS SHOES. We're going a bit chunkier with block heels like River Island's
amazingly hot leopard ones £50. Great with the ankle length or skinny trouser or great tailored short/culotte and a white silk shirt. Also, loving a FLATFORM. A pretty pump. ANY metallic heel, especially if it's a bit princessy. And Prada's WHOLE AMAZING SHOE COLLECTION FOR S/S which is mental but pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen.
13. A hint of neon. But not head to toe. Wear with muted nudes, greys, beiges to play it down. But that flash of it is PERFECT.
14. Whites and nudes. Always a trend for S/S but we like it SO there. Pretty, feminine whites or go for a more modern, streamlined, linear white look as seen at Chloe...
15. Socks with platforms. #Just saying.
16. Metallics. Another one we always love and kind of following on from the whole aquatic number. We're liking metallics worn more in a dressed down, grunge-tastic way unless you're a full on COUTURE QUEEN.
Wednesday, 8 February 2012
I'm going a bit video crazy at the moment - I LOVE all of the S/S 12 creations. They're like miniature dreamworlds and Missoni's is the quirkiest so far. In an amazing way.
Angela Missoni, Creative Director says
"It is a hommage to the Spanish lifestyle with women and girls who love to party and dance into the night. It has been a great experience for all of us”
Sounds fun! And sounds like it was fun to create. The video features legendary film maker Pedro Amoldovar as well as stills taken by Juergen Teller and is directed by Marco Maccapani.
I'd quite like to live in this dreamworld...
Tuesday, 7 February 2012
Alice by Temperley's Molina red ruched jeresey dress £295 at Net A Porter.
Rebecca Ferguson was out on a girly night out last week and Beyonce rocked it last night showing off her AMAZING post-baby body. This is a good dress. It looks great on curves, is easy to accessorise and is totally affordable (well, pretty much).
My bet is it'll sell out by the end of the week so purchase immediately...
French Connection have created a work of art in the name of the 'Cloud' for the Spiring Summer 2012 campaign which encapsulates the whole collection in one image.
The image was created by photographer Gregoire Alexandre with the help of 12 ballerinas and 3 principal models. It's a kind of beautiful human, energetic, floaty collage. See how it was created in the video above 'How to make a fashion advert in 30 seconds'. I love how creative and different it is, especially for a high street store. Very cool.
Monday, 6 February 2012
Hello my perfect Valentines present! Nice to meet you.
Practical and cute, House of Holland's LOVE gloves are an essential right now. The two tone leather gloves make a perfect heart when you place your thumb and finger together. The only thing is you need to walk around like this at all times when wearing them making heart signs at strangers - sharing the love.
£55 available exclusively on www.houseofholland.co.uk
Friday, 3 February 2012
I massively ♥ this video campaign for Prada's S/S 12 collections (which are one of my faves of the season). Shot by Steven Meisel using an old skool Americana gas station as a setting the rich colours and contemporary soundtrack are a perfect clash. The models appear as a cross between Mad Men style Desperate Housewives and iconic bombshell heroines. Which is, I think, a little bit how all women would like to be. For Spring/Summer at least...
PS. I want a car like that.
Tuesday, 24 January 2012
Tomorrow (as well as it being my birthday, yay!) Net A Porter will exclusively unveil Karl Lagerfeld's much anticipated new line, KARL.
This event follows massive speculation and the collection will also be revealed at events in Paris (with an appearance by his lordship), Berlin, New York and Sydney. So below if your invite to the exclusive event. My advice, get there early. There's goody bags.
Click on the link for more info: www.net-a-porter.com/Content/KarlEvents
What a great name for a label! Mad Love is a cool Australian brand which is brand new to the UK for Spring/Summer with their collection 'Groove is in the art'.
I love all the slouchy tee's and silhouettes in chic fabrics. A little bit kitsch, a little bit bohemian. And the imagery/lookbook design is amazing. I need the moustache T-shirt in my life.
Mad Love launches in Topshop in March. Whoop
Monday, 23 January 2012
I love it when slebs wear all the hottest s/s12 pieces before us mere mortals ever get the chance to buy. They perform a sort of tutorial on how to (or often NOT to) wear the new season trends. Handy.
We can all learn a lesson from the Bosworth here last night at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival in Antonia Beradi's burgundy dress with leather embroidery (love love love all of the leather embroidery/laser cut leather right now!!!) . The classic red point stilettos and lack of accessories with a killer red lip and simple mirrored box clutch bag are super cool but super sexy. How a red dress should be worn! I basically want this whole look.