Monday 28 February 2011

OSCARS 2011


I do love a best dressed list. And the ultimate has to be the Oscars best dressed list. And it was last night. Woohoo...
The best dressed in my opinion had all gone for a similar feel - very pretty, feminine, ethereal, whimsical - pale colours or light metallics. Sexy but most of all lovely.
I adored Mila Kunis' lavender lace Elie Saab Couture dress. It was DEFINITELY my favourite of the whole awards. BEST DRESSED. And I'd totally like it as a wedding dress (not that I'm getting married...), or a shorter version for a 'party' dress.
Then Gwyneth Paltrow whom I usually think of as a little dull but not since that Glee episode... anyway she looked great in Calvin Klein. As did Michelle Williams in Chanel Couture. She just looked amazingly beautiful.
I thought Cate Blanchett looked AMAZE and was probably in the boldest/coolest dress of the night in her Givenchy Couture number - those shoulders rock.
And finally Florence. I just quite love her and totally respect that she can make something similar to a lace curtain look so lovely, pretty and fairy-like. I reckon that look won't have gone down so successfully with the Americans though... a bit Brit cool. Anyway. I liked it. And it was Valentino...

No comments:

Post a Comment